Wholeness Journey to Costa Rica
COSTA RICA TRIP DATES: June 3 – June 10 (7 days)
Do you long to make an impact? Hungry to break out of your day-to-day and connect with God, yourself, and others in a deep and powerful way?
This is an invitation to embark on a journey outside of your comfort zone, emerge into a new culture, and give of yourself. To adventure, serve, and experience the beauty of wholeness in mind, body, and spirit… in Costa Rica.
Costa Rica is an adventurer’s paradise, known for its stunning beaches and beautiful rainforests. Outside of the tourist destinations, however, are large pockets of poverty, family brokenness, and abuse.
During Wholeness Journey Costa Rica, we will partner with Transforma. Transforma serves vulnerable women living in extreme poverty, women who have suffered physical and emotional abuse, women coming out of prostitution, teenage and single mothers and their children, vulnerable elderly women, and undocumented migrant women fleeing political upheaval in neighboring countries. Through their personal and community development programs, Casa Transforma offers a Christ-centered environment for healing, empowerment, and transformation.
Vanessa, the founder of Transforma, has seen a decline in the mental and physical health of her women throughout this pandemic. As there is a continued struggle for health, safety and connection during these hard times as the country combats the virus. Transforma needs rejuvenation, a renewed hope and health — mind, body & spirit. Enter Wholeness Journey Costa Rica!
We are going to have the unique opportunity to pour into both the women and staff of Transforma — making a lasting impact in the lives of women in need. Casa Transforma believes that when you transform a life, you transform a community.
Join us and help write a new story in the lives and communities of hurting women in Costa Rica — a story of redemption, restoration, and hope.
Your trip leaders, Christina Barnes, Jessica Dahl, Hannah Maher and Jenna VanderHaar are trained in leading on the mission/service field and as yoga/wellness instructors. They bring combined experiences from ministry and the beauty and wellness industries to lead you in this unique combination of mission trip and yoga retreat. You will be using tools such as story-telling, art, and yoga/wellness practices, to love on the vulnerable women of Costa Rica.
Your team will:
- Host mini-retreats for the local women creating a space for God to bring healing, love and purpose
- Be equipped to share about topics such as worth, identity, healing, and forgiveness through storytelling and vulnerability
- Learn to share your unique story, giftings, and wholeness journey with others
- Delve into how to cultivate wholeness, wellness, and beauty
- Build meaningful relationships with your team and the women we serve
- Gain a deeper understanding of who God is and who you are as His daughter
- Enjoy rejuvenating yoga classes and fresh, local meals
- Adventure in the natural beauty of Costa Rica & experience the culture
- We were created as body, mind, and spirit. The exercise of yoga/wellness practices can help us:
- Become more connected with our physical body
- Increase mental clarity
- Attune our spiritual ears in meditation and listening prayer to become more sensitive to hearing God’s voice in our lives
Through this unique missions trip and personal retreat experience you will delve to new depths of faith, adventure, and wellness. You’ll step out of your comfort zone, serve women in need, and press into the wholeness & purpose God has for you.
Join us on Wholeness Journey Costa Rica!
COSTA RICA TRIP DATES: JUNE 3rd-10th
COST: $1800 ($150 deposit + $1650 fundraised)
DEPOSIT: $150 due by April 20th to reserve your spot (via Paypal, Check, Zelle; if a situation arises and we are not able to go, the full deposit can go to a future Wholeness Journey or half refunded).
Includes all costs on the ground: lodging, transportation, food and team supplies.
(Does not include airfare)